Our focus on writing 'Notes of Gratitude' encourages children to:
- Engage in purposeful writing for an authentic context
- Learn about and emulate the Learner Profile and Attitudes
- Make connections between learning and personal experiences
- Share feelings and experiences (Speaking and Listening skills)
- Use reflection as strategy to evaluate experiences and make decisions
- Be thankful!
At ISS Elementary School there is now a display board dedicated to 'Notes of Gratitude'. All members of the school community are able to write and post notes to a person or group they would like to thank on our new school board.
In K1KB, we were very excited as there were many people we are thankful to and for. Take a look next time your at school, you might just spot a note for meant for you!