Through such service, students are able to grow both personally and socially, developing skills such as cooperation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and creative and critical thinking. Moreover, these actions are ways in which the students develop the characteristics of the PYP learner profile and attitudes, to become responsible global citizens.
In Kindergarten 1, we have started to write notes of gratitude. In our 'Who We Are' unit of inquiry, we have reflected on how the people around us have shaped who we are. We have a lot to be thankful for; especially the family and friends who make us who we are; by helping us, teaching us and loving us so much!
The curriculum connections we are making and learning we are doing includes:
- Purposeful writing for an authentic context
- Learning about and emulating the Learner Profile and Attitudes
- Making connections between our learning and personal experiences
- Sharing of feelings and experiences (Speaking and Listening skills)
- Using reflection as strategy to evaluate experiences and make decisions
- Cultivating a thankful disposition